Snowcatcher Content Usage Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in sharing Snowcatcher website content.
Snowcatcher is not getting paid or sponsored to produce any content on the Snowcatcher blog.
Copying anything from Snowcatcher's websites is theft, pure and simple.
If you like
a Snowcatcher blogpost, photo,
pattern or graphic
enough to want to share it,
below are Snowcatcher's rules.
What Snowcatcher Content Can You Use and How?
- Feel free to share LINKS to any Snowcatcher content by email and social media. Snowcatcher appreciates that deeply!
- Do NOT republish any Snowcatcher images (including photos, charts, graphs, drawings, infographics, etc.) or videos, by copying or embedding, without permission. All content on all Snowcatcher websites is copyright protected.
- Copies of original Snowcatcher photos may be purchased here. In almost all cases and situations, digital copies are not available for purchase.
- Do not reference or quote textual content in your own blog articles, presentations or documents without honoring the Electronic Content Attribution Policy or Printed Content Attribution Policy below. Patterns are NOT to be reposted or republished anywhere. Period.
- Select Snowcatcher patterns have been translated into other languages and republished elsewhere WITH PERMISSION. One Snowcatcher pattern has been the subject of a YouTube tutorial WITH PERMISSION. Do not translate Snowcatcher patterns or create tutorials for Snowcatcher patterns without permission. (That is US law regarding ANY pattern, not just Snowcatcher patterns.)
- You are not allowed to make money from published Snowcatcher website content. Period. Snowcatcher provides it free of charge, and selling copies is illegal, as well as mean, selfish, underhanded and fraudulent. Such violations will result in legal action. Items made from Snowcatcher patterns may be sold at will, and no licensing fee is required.
- Items made from Snowcatcher patterns may be sold at will, and no licensing fee is required. (Yes, Snowcatcher repeated that because this information is important.)
- Do not claim Snowcatcher content as your original idea(s) (i.e. publishing Snowcatcher content as your own).
Electronic Content Attribution Policy
- Attribute Snowcatcher as the source. (Don't you hate it when someone shares something they thought cool but doesn't reveal where it came from?)
- Link to the original Snowcatcher source you're referencing instead of copying. Your readers and followers don't mind clicking links.
- To reference a Snowcatcher blogpost, link to the URL of the specific blogpost instead of copying. Your readers and followers don't mind clicking links.
Printed Content Attribution Policy
- Attribute Snowcatcher as the source. (Don't you hate it when someone shares something they thought cool but doesn't reveal where it came from?) (Yes, Snowcatcher repeated that information because it is important.)
- Printing copies of Snowcatcher patterns for distribution in classes, workshops and seminars is permissible when Snowcatcher's copyright notice is prominently displayed on printed copies. (Don't reduce the size of the text.) Snowcatcher's copyright notice is included in EVERY pattern and may not be removed.
- Snowcatcher's annual snowflake pattern booklets may not be copied and shared, via electronic or printed means.
webmaster: snowcatcher at att dot net
© 2005 Deborah and Brett Atkinson
All rights reserved. No part of this website - prose, photos or graphics - may be reproduced,
stored in a retrieval system, transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical,
photocopying, recording or otherwise, without express prior written permission of the author.